Monday, December 18, 2017

Go Back Couple

Go Back Couple

I have to be honest, I am always reluctant to watch throwback k-dramas. If a drama is set in the 90's or so, I don't usually watch it because I miss out on that sense of nostalgia. The music, references, point of view etc make me feel less attached to the drama. However, heavy hitter Jang Na-Ra always keeps me on my toes, so I felt I owed it her to watch it. Boy am I glad I stuck to instincts. 

This drama is AMAZING. We are shown the angst and frustration of a couple who have lost their spark and connection to each other. As they finalize their divorce they are sucked into the past, where their love first started to bloom.and maturity to those who are important to her. 
Jang Na-Ra portrays an innocent housewife who is broken by the isolation in her marriage. As she navigates the young woman she once was, she shows immense compassion, love

I was also really happy to Son Ho Joon play a lead. He's been my lowkey crush ever since I saw him on an episode of "Three Meals a Day". He plays the character of earnest Choi Ban Do. Despite how sincere and hardworking Choi Ban Do is, he seems to fall short of his desired outcomes. Son Ho Joon performance was everything I could hope for, and I hope to see him in other leading roles in the near future. 

The second male lead, Jung Nam-Gil, was enough to give Second Lead Syndrom (SLS). This character seemed cold and aloof, but he was so sweet and tenderhearted. His performance was heartfelt and I hope to see Chang Ki Yong in other roles as well. 











The rest of cast was hilarious. I loved the depth of their individual stories and the illustration of their development and growth. 



I would definitely recommend to anyone who ready for a sweet tearjerker, be prepared to love on your mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment