Monday, December 18, 2017

The Package

The Package


I dove into this drama head first because my love CNBlue's Jung Yong Hwa was the lead. Like all of his projects, I was left completely satisfied.

 I got sucked in by the crazy range of Korean tourist taking their first adventure into France. This eclectic band of people made me laugh, cry and swoon. Not only are the tourist going through their own life metamorphosis, so is their tour guide. Yoon So So played by the beautiful Lee Yeon-Hee.  Yoon So So is sophisticated and charming as she leads her group to various locations. I loved her blunt, slightly scammy shenanigans. 

San Maru, played by Jung Yong Hwa is the heart and soul of this drama. This character is quirky, awkward and completely melts the heart. San Maru's journey to Paris is laced with sadness given that he was supposed to be on vacation with his girlfriend, who chose to work instead. He finds himself trying to balance his increasingly volatile work situation while on his dream vacation. His strange behavior and odd insights had me rolling with laughter and tears. This character is endearing, and I can't imagine another actor who could've executed this role with the amount of tenderness Jung Yong Hwa did. 

The chemistry between the two leads was palpable and we were rewarded with quite a grown, and steamy kiss. 











The rest of the cast was brilliant. The performances given were heartbreaking and gut-busting. Each backstory revealed how different, superficial first impressions are in comparison to the real story beneath initial impressions.

I definitely recommend this drama to anyone who likes a substantive rom-com. It leaves quite an impression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment