Monday, December 18, 2017

While You Were Sleeping (2017) Review

While You Were Sleeping



I was not prepared to love this drama. When I read the comment sections there were constant references to "W" and "Uncontrollably Fond", and I didn't want to watch another heartbreaking drama. However, the drama rut that has been the theme of my viewing life this year, so I had no other options. I reluctantly committed to going through the tears and snot, just to enjoy a good drama. 

Within the first 2 minutes, I knew the next 16 hours would be dedicated to sitting in front of my computer. This drama is freaking magical. There are seamless flashbacks, it's wonderfully produced, incredible acting, an amazing soundtrack, and great writing. This drama was everything I could ever want. 

Hong Joo, played by Suzy is a typical spunky female lead. She has a pesky gift of having nightmares that manifest into reality. At times she attempts to alter these trajections, but more often times than not, the foreshadowing comes to pass. Jae Chan played by Lee Jong-Suk plays an adorkable prosecutor who also has dreams that turn into reality. These two team up together and try to circumvent the dangers that could possibly happen to them and their loved ones.






Playing Lee Yoo-Boem, the villainous lawyer, is my absolute crush, Lee Sang-Yeob! I love this actor so much! It was nice to see him playing a darker role, made me want to kill him, but still an enjoyable performance.

This drama is first and foremost hilarious. Suzy and Lee Jong-Suk have incredible chemistry, and I was always entertained by their witty lines. There are heart-wrenching moments, but the ending is just so satisfying that it makes up for the permanent cracks in my heart.




I would definitely recommend this drama to anyone who loves a good romantic, supernatural, thriller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment