Monday, September 3, 2018

On The Way To The Airport


This drama was like being steeped in a hot tub on a cold snowy day. Everything about it just warmed my bones... and my heart.

Before an endeavor toward this drama, if you're triggered by infidelity... this might set you off. The comment section had a few choice words for people who don't stay and work on their marriage. However, I loved the way the story unfolded, and it was a truly beautiful story.

Lee Sang Yun, is at his finest in this drama. Those brown puppy eyes always melt my soul. Seo Do-Woo is the consummate good guy. I saw NO flaws in his character. He was caring, generous, his mama raised him right, every facet of his being was simply beautiful. He is an architect who comes from an artisan family. For all of his warmth, he is married to a frosty woman. Jang Hee Jin is an ambitious woman who wants to take her husbands family legacy to new heights. She isn't prone to soft emotions, and she is viewed as a heartless person. Their dynamic was interesting. Do-Woo seems to look at her with a sense of charity. I've never seen this kind of interaction to between spouses. Hee Jin doesn't command much sympathy from the audience. A part of me wanted to like her, but the way that she treated her daughter made it hard. I eeked out a bit of pity for her toward the end, but I had no problem with Do Woo finding a better life partner.

Choi Soo-A played by Kim Ha Neul is a woman uncomfortable in her skin. She is skittish, and she retracts inward to keep from fighting. She is married to the overbearing pilot, Park Jin Suk. This character played by Shin Sung-Rok, is a jerk. I couldn't stand his character. I hated his mama too! They were the most incorrigible people ever! Their relationship was one power trip after another, and I was relieved that she found support, friendship, and love in Seo Do-Woo. Seeing her real self, shine through their conversations was amazing.

This story is like an indie melo-drama. We take a journey of married people who develop a friendship. Their individual emotional landscape needs strong companionship. Watching their friendship grow into something more was beautiful to watch.

I'd recommend this to anyone who is a sucker for a good story line.

No comments:

Post a Comment