Sunday, September 2, 2018

The Man Living in our House/ Sweet Stranger Review


Sweet Stranger was chockfull of actors I thoroughly enjoyed. Reading the synopsis was a bit confusing, but I was excited to watch this drama, and it was one hell of a ride.


Hong Na-Ri is a flight attendant who has her world rocked when her mother dies. Na-Ri doesn't go to her childhood home for a long time, but she is forced to settle her mom's estate. Upon arriving there, she learns that Go Nan-Gil has been living there. Not only is he working as a chef for her mom's noodle shop, living in the house, he also her step-dad. Of course, it's difficult for Na-Ri to accept this. She begins to the investigate the veracity of the relationship and she learns more than she could imagine about her mothers' life.








I laughed a lot watching this show. Every character had these insane leaps of logic. The only grounded character was Go Nan-Gil. Kim Young Gwang plays this ever suffering male lead. The use of his eyes was hilarious. A furrow or a lift of the brow always communicated some sort of long-suffering that never ceased to make me laugh.

Soo Ae is one of my favorite actresses. She is able to deliver so much, and I liked how she showed the innocence of Hong Nari. Her character was enchanting, and she dealt with heartbreak, and confusion with such charm.

Kwon Duk-Bong was AMAZING! I adore Lee Soo Hyuk, and this may be one of my favorite roles he's played. The range of a smitten chaebol was beautifully demonstrated. This sardonic lawyer is smitten and he's trying his best as a Second Lead. We can clearly see that he is friendzoned, but I would've loved to see the dynamic between Hong Na-Ri and Duk-Bong in a relationship. I also loved how he handled his family. He didn't succumb to the pressures of his father, and he was a wonderful older brother to his little sister.

Definitely try this drama, especially if you need a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment