Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Woman Crush Wednesday Kim So Yeon


 Today I get to talk about my Woman Crush cause it's Wednesday!! Let's talk about Kim So Yeon!

The very first drama I ever saw this stunning woman in, was "I Need Romance 3". I didn't enjoy the first "I Need Romance", so I don't remember why I chose to watch the 3rd installment. As usual, I am glad that I gave it a chance. Kim So Yeon portrays a woman in her 30's who has navigated a difficult career as a high achiever/performer. Though her work life is successful, the same can't be said for her love myself being portrayed in a K-drama. I also loved watching her learn how to speak candidly about what she wants and needs. It was also a noona drama... which are some of my favorites so it was a perfect watch!
The character of Shin Joo-Yeon reminded me so much of myself. I related as she dissected love with calculating eyes. I subscribed to the same philosophy of not allowing yourself to feel too deeply in case things don't work out. It was also like looking at the mirror watching her choose carefully how to act after her break-up. Every word and action was precisely calculated and it was similar to my life.

The next drama I watched her in was "Beating Again". This drama made me feel like my whole insides were changing. This drama should've been cheesy and obvious, but for some reason, it was unique, interesting, and it kept me on the edge of my seat. I loved watching Kim Soon-Jung navigate the heartbreak of her fiance's death. The beautiful partnership between her and Jung Kyung-Ho shone throughout the series. Kim Soon-Jung maintained a special kind of purity throughout the series, even though she endures betrayal and multiple losses.

I was so ecstatic when I watched her in "We Got Married" She was partnered with Kwang Si Yang. They are one of my favorite couples from this series. They were so cute. All of their interaction and ideas made my heart melt. I hope to experience a love in which they portrayed.

Kim So Yeon also makes a brief appearance in the drama "20th Century Boy and Girl"! It's nice because she makes a play for her real-life husband Lee Sang-Woo. It was nice to watch her complete the series so nicely.

Overall, Kim So Yeon is a class act. I love her, and even though  I haven't watched all of her drama's, I know that every performance has been delivered with elegant perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment