Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Woman Crush Wednesday


Ya'll, I am stoked because today is Wednesday!!!! Today means I get to talk about one of my all-time girl crushes HA JI WON!!!!!!!

I love this actress so much! I love her tomboy style mixed with her classic feminity. This woman is a pure force of talent! I love her so much and I am glad that I get to gush on about this beautiful woman.

I first saw Ha Ji Won in the classic drama "Secret Garden". I must say it took me a while to start this drama but once I gave it a chance, it was amazing! One of the best things about this drama was Ha Ji Won. I was so impressed with her ability to switch between Gil Im-Ra and Kim Joo-Woon. The way she was able to take on different facial expressions and physical characteristics were stunning. I was sucked into her performance. When the drama ended I wanted to watch more of her!

So it lead me to the drama "The King 2 Hearts"! The role Kim Hang Ah... that role was straight gangster! No lie, I loved the sheer physicality of this role. She was incredibly athletic and mentally strong. I wanted to workout, shoot guns, and do military drills because of this role. I was impressed by Ha Ji Won's ability to add such warmth and vulnerability to this character as well. This drama solidified Ha Ji Won's place in my heart.

So as soon as I'd finished "The King 2 Hearts"... I found "Empress Ki". This drama was the best saguek I'd ever watched until "Six Flying Dragons". So as it stands, this is my number 2 drama in the historical drama department. Ki Seung-Nyang was a sheer delight to watch. Every role that I'd seen Ha Ji Won play was a strong woman, but Ki Seung-Nyang was the strongest woman I'd seen portrayed in a K-drama. This character could hold her own with any soldier, and once she became Empress Ki, she could hold her own with the best minds of Joseon. I binged this drama in one week. I was dead tired by the last episode, but my heart was so full. My eyes were also really swollen by the last episode as well.

When the "Time We Were Not In Love" was advertised to come out, I was ecstatic! I'd watched the Taiwanese version and I was curious to see how Ha Ji Won would take on the role. It was the first time I'd seen her in a role that didn't require her to be athletic. At first, the character of Oh Ha-Na was a bit too cutesy for me, but as the series went on I fell hard for this character. I loved the chemistry between Lee Jin Wook and Ha Ji Won. The energy between them was incredibly intimate and sweet, even when they were fighting.

My favorite role that Ha Ji Won has played in is "Chronicles of a Blood Merchant". This movie is simply riveting. I was floored by Ha Ji Won's portrayal of Heo Ok-Ran. This beautiful woman who likes being a wife, and finds her world turned upside down when she has to confess that her eldest son isn't her husbands. I loved the ferocity in which she came at her husband when he tried to make differences. I loved I could see a mothers love pulsating through her. I don't think the actress has children, but she managed to tap into something palpable.

I haven't seen all of Ha Ji Won's works, but every role I've seen her in has given me such pleasure that I would love to recommend everything she stars in lol.

To all the Drama Lovers out there... Happy Drama Watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment