Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Kill Me, Heal Me


This was one of the first drama's I tried on air. On one hand, waiting every week was a test to my patience, but if I'd binged watched it, I would've had to take a day off of work.

Cha Do Hyun is a man who suffers from multiple personality disorder. Though he is chaebol, he has gone through some horrific childhood experiences. In his adulthood, he enrolls the help of Oh Ri Jin. Ri Jin is a doctor who tries to help manage the symptoms her patient is having, and through the time they spend together, they end up falling in love. They also find they have closer ties to each other than they could've imagined.

The chemistry between Ji Sung and  Hwang Jung-Eum is classic magic. To be honest both actors could have chemistry with a rock. These two made this drama the heartwarming, gut-busting, tear-drenched drama that I would recommend any day of the week. Ji Sung's range was spectacular. He executed each personality with intimacy and care. Though some characters were more flamboyant than others, I grew attached to all of them, and I found myself reluctant of Cha Do Hyun's healing.

Oh Ri Jin was a beautiful lead. I appreciated the way her story unfolded. Though I am now aware of Hwang Jung Eum's typecast acting, this role was one for the books. I really enjoyed her antics in this role, and it was fun to see her try to manage Cha Do Hyun and all the chaos that comes with him.

This drama is amazing because it has great storytelling. I grew attached to each character because they offered so much to the story. It did a great job of portraying the different ways we deal with our childhood traumas. This drama is a couple of years old now, but I would still recommend it.

Happy Drama Watching

No comments:

Post a Comment