Sunday, November 25, 2018

Secret Garden Review


It took me three tries before I could start Secret Garden. If you've read this blog long enough you'll understand that I judge books (and drama's) by their covers. The cover poster for this wasn't intriguing enough for me. On my first attempt, I dismissed it as an action drama that I wasn't interested in watching. On my second attempt of watching I seemed to get bored in the first 5 minutes. The third time ladies and gentlemen was the charm. I ended up falling in love with this drama and it's in my top five drama's that  I adore. I binged this drama in 2 days and I don't regret the sleep I chose to sacrifice.

Ha Ji-Won is magnificent. Every single project I've seen her in, she's been a powerhouse. I adore her performances. Gil Ra-Im is a stunt double who is incredibly athletic. She is reserved, strong, and when pushed she becomes a bit prickly. I loved this character because she was my introduction to a physically strong female in K-Drama's. I loved the portrayal of endurance and fortitude in this role. Ha Ji Won also portrayed chaebol mannerisms excellently. Her acting sucked me into the story. I laughed with her, my heart melted with her, and I cried with her. Gil Ra Im is the typical broke female lead living in a shared studio apartment, but I never felt the despair in her lack of finances. She was able to fill every room with warmth and love.

Hyun Bin was the consummate match for powerhouse Ha Ji-Won. I was warped into his performance and though the character grated me, I fell deep for his charisma and charm. Kim Joo -Won comes from a Chaebol family. He is an elitist and he's completely out of touch with reality. I adored him because every new experience was met with shock and outrage. I liked his jealous side and I liked how he tried to analyze his heart when falling for the alluring Gil Ra-Im. I was very impressed by the mannerisms of Hyun Bin. In his portrayal of Gil-Ra-Im, his expressions were in incredible.

This drama gave me all kinds of feels. I shipped all of the side characters, and I loved how everything ended. My heart was full from this drama. This is an absolute classic that needs to be tried.

Happy Drama Watching

No comments:

Post a Comment