Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The Beauty Inside Review


I was pleasantly surprised by the trailer of "The Beauty Inside". I adored the movie version. The writing was so creative, and the soundtrack riveted me, so a drama version was most welcome. When I saw that Lee Min-Ki was the male lead, I was all in.

Lee Min-Ki plays a chaebol who is face blind. Seo Do-Jae compensates for his inability to recognize faces by remembering other features of a person so that his position as CEO isn't compromised. He works smart, and to the ire of his other board members, he is fiercely confident. I am a big fan of Lee Min-Ki. I love that twinkle in his eye and his beautiful smile. Every movie and drama I've seen him in has left an impressionable impact on me, so I was thrilled to watch it. His character did not disappoint! I love how charismatic, and oblivious Seo Do-Jae was. This deeply analytical man showed a softer side that melted me. Every time he smiled I could feel myself blushing. There was such an intimacy in the way that this character cared for the female lead. I almost felt as though I was peeping into an acquaintance's personal life. The exterior is the typical cold we see in most drama's, but that sweet, simple, entertained part of this character seemed deeply private and I love how Lee Min-Ki portrayed it.

I have a strange relationship with the works of Seo Hyun-Jin. I believe the actress herself is incredible. Hyun-Jin has this utterly captivating way about her that sucks me into each of her characters. Unfortunately, the type of characters she picks, I don't like them for very long. I once saw her speak in an interview in which she explained that she chose characters that were flawed in their own particular way. She is right... the characters she tends to pick out are deeply flawed, and the level of rage they can send me into... well let me just say it's irrationally deep. So while the character Han Se- Kye attracted me, I was eventually put off. I loved that this character was spunky, and had a slick mouth. I loved how this character went out of her way to help heal some of the pain in this world. I initially loved this character. However, as with every role I've seen Hyun-Jin in... Han Se-Kye pissed me off with the noble idiocy. This character reached very far to break up with her boyfriend so he could be happy. I ended up skipping episodes 13 and 14. However, by 15 and 16 everything was right on track and I adored this character once again.

I think most people have a higher stamina than me for noble idiocy, so with that said, I think this drama would be enjoyed by the vast majority of people.

Happy Drama Watching



No comments:

Post a Comment