Sunday, December 30, 2018

Hit Dramas of 2018



It's the end of the year and I would like to express my gratitude to all the people around the world who read my blog. This year was special because of you.
Special THANK YOU to: Thailand, Japan, Belgium, Germany, Czechia, Philipines, France, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Australia, Ukraine, Russia, Canada, United States, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Unknown Regions.


Alrighty fellow drama addicts, it's time to review this year's dramas. To be honest, 2018 was a step above 2017. However, I frequently dropped dramas like hot potatoes. I had "episode 10 syndrome" it was hard to revive my interest after the tenth episode. I often wandered dramaless for weeks at a time.











However, there were some incredible gems in the drama world this year, and I want to spread the good cheer for anyone who is in a drama rut and may not have given these drama's a try!






HIT Drama's



Come and Hug Me:

Buy 7 boxes of tissues and wrap yourself in your blankie. From the first episode until the last episode I bawled my eyes out. The writing was amazing, the acting was brilliant, this drama took me places emotionally I had no idea existed. I recommend this drama 1,000x's over.



My Mister:



Another tear jerker that was brilliant. The synopsis for this drama mislead me, I'm glad I read the comment section of the last episode because this is a drama no one should miss. This drama is riveting poetry. There was never a dull moment, and it did a wonderful job of illustrating different kinds of relationships.





Live:








Noh Hee Kyung wrote another incredible drama. Everything I've watched of hers has been no less than excellent. This drama showcased every single actor's talent. It's a wonderful depiction of the dynamics a cop has to balance.





Eulachaha Waikiki:








If you need a laugh, watch this immediately! I laughed like a maniac throughout the entire series. Every episode is well written. There is physical comedy, wit, and a strong plot. This drama could turn your worst day into the best day.







Hand, The Guest:







If you're looking for something to make your relationship with Jesus stronger, if you want to connect to a higher power... watch this horror drama. Every night I was praying the demons away. This drama is truly terrifying and it's executed in the most powerful way.










Voice 2:

This drama is a kick-ass battle of the wits between detectives, and criminal mastermind. Voice season 1 was amazing, and season 2 for me is even better. It's a great action-packed ride. Every actor brought their A-game, and if you like psychological mind games, this drama serves it well.


My ID is Gangnam Beauty:






Endearing is the best word to describe this drama. Every single moment your heart kind of does an *AWW* sigh. This drama showcases the journey of a girl who learns to love herself and accept love from others. It's a great, light drama that makes you feel great at the end of the journey.








Life on Mars:







Talk about mind-bending, this drama is AH-MAHZING! I was hooked throughout this time-warp drama. It's a beautiful mix of cop-show, fantasy, and screwball comedy. It's intelligent, hilarious, and heartbreaking all at once.







What's Wrong With Secretary Kim:

This might have been my favourite drama of the year. I was terrified that it was going crumble in the middle, but it  was paunchy all the way through. This was the PERFECT rom-com I'd been looking for, and it was utterly satisfying.

Matrimonial Chaos:






Well now, there aren't enough ways to compliment this drama. The writing is emotionally intelligent, and the actors expressed incredible ranges of emotions with wonderful subtlety. I wish more shows had the kind of substance this drama showcased.








Just Between lovers: 





If you're binge-watching this drama, take your time, go through it slowly. This drama is amazing, but it's another one where my pillow became drenched in my tears. The story is simply magnificent, definitely watch it (I know this drama technically started in December of 2017, BUT it finished on January 30th 2018... and I waited until the last episode to binge watch it... so I'm counting it for 2018)











Bad Guys 2 Vile City:

This is a "Knuck if you Buck" kind of drama. Watching it made me want to fight crime, and join a vigilante gang. It's extremely violent, but man it's spectacular. I couldn't predict anything in this drama. It was like being on a rollercoaster ride that injects adrenaline into your system.  Best Action drama of the year. Possibly ever! (Again! It technically began in 2017, but it ended in February 2018, so I'm counting it.) 

Near Miss
 I recommend these drama's, but I skipped some episodes because of noble idiocy nonsense, or because a couple of episodes crumbled and made no sense. 
Most of these dramas have happy, lovey-dovey endings, which is something I value.

1) Misty
*this drama made some weird turn, but the intrigue and mystery was the best thing I'd seen in my life. This could've made it as the best drama of the year, or all time if the last two episodes hadn't taken a strange turn. 
2)The Beauty Inside
3) Devilish Joy
4)My husband Oh Jak Doo
5) Should We First Kiss
6) Radio Romance
7) Suits 2018

Comment below if you have a drama to recommend or if you liked any of these dramas!
As always, Happy Drama Watching and a Happy New Year




No comments:

Post a Comment