Monday, January 14, 2019

Man Crush Monday Yoo Yeon-Seok


Ladies and gentlemen, I present you one of my favorite drama leads *drum roll please*

Yoo Yeon-Seok










I first saw this very handsome actor in the drama "Warm and Cozy". I adored his role so much. His Yoo Yeon Seok was such fun to watch. Baek Gun-Woo was mischevious, sly, vulnerable and like a freaking teddy bear!! This role didn't require much depth in terms of acting, but I developed a positive connotation for him.







The second drama I saw Yoo Yeon Seok in, was Reply 1994. To be honest I was very hesitant to watch the Reply series. First I have no connection to 90's Korea, and I felt like I would miss crucial cultural connotations of the time. However, I watched Reply 1988, and I loved that drama, so I gave Reply 1994 a chance! Boy am I glad that I did. This drama was simply magnificent. I adored every single freaking minute of it. Though I shipped "Trash" and Sung Na-Jung together, Yoo Yeon-Seok as a second lead was amazing. I fell for his presentation of Chilbong so HARD. I never quite made it to me shipping him with the Sung Na-Jung, but I shipped the character for myself. What girl wouldn't want a tall, handsome, impossibly kind and patient, pro-baseball player as their soulmate?




The next drama that I watched him was Dr. Kim Romantic Doctor. This was the first drama in which
my eyes were peeled open to Yoo Yeon-Seoks kissing talents. This drama is explosive for the first three episodes. Though it's not my favorite drama (Every project Seo Hyun Jin decides to do rubs me the wrong way) However, Yeon Seok's character was EVERYTHING. I got to see some of his petulant behavior similar to warm and cozy. However, I liked seeing him as a brilliant doctor on the come up, navigating the true definition of success.














The movie "Mood of the Day" was a classic rom-com for me. It was cotton candy puff that I couldn't get enough of. I loved his charisma and swagger in this movie. This movie is incredibly endearing. It's very cliche and it's a little cheesy... but it left me with a huge smile on my face!









One of my favorite movies of all time is Beauty Inside. If you haven't' seen this movie yet, RUN and go watch it! It's amazing!!! Though Yoo Yeon-Seok is in the trailer, he doesn't actually have a ton of screen time, but the story is about a person whose face changes every day. I can't recommend this movie enough! Definitely go out and watch it.





The Boys Over Flowers edition was heart opening to me. I was well aware of his acting skills, but to see a glimpse of his personality on the show melted me. Yoon Yeon-Seok had travel savvy and a ton of confidence to make the trip incredibly enjoyable for his cast mates. It made me fall for him a little more.








I haven't seen it yet but he's is doing another variety show called "Coffee Friends". I am excited to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment