Friday, January 11, 2019

Warm and Cozy


This cotton candy drama is my all time favorite pick-me-up! There are some "kdrama troupes" that made me cringe a bit, but overall this drama never fails to make me giddy and gooey on the inside.







Baek Gun Woo is the carefree youngest son of a chaebol family. He goes against convention by pursuing his culinary dreams and opening a restaurant in a small community in Jeju Island. On the outside, it seems idyllic, but Baek Gun Woo doesn't have a good relationship with the area, and his restaurant is consistently lacking customers. I adore this character because he's willful, childish and at the same incredibly compassionate. Yoon Yeon-Seok is amazing in every role he plays. His eyes have a special brand of tenderness, and it seemed as though he had a lot of fun playing this role.




While Baek Gun Woo lives a relatively carefree life, as is custom, our female lead is struggling.
 Lee Jung Joo has worked incredibly hard to save enough money to buy a house. She entrusts her cousin to go to Jeju island and find something suitable. Instead, her cousin buys are crumbling property and runs off with the rest of the money. Stuck in a difficult situation, she pulls herself by the bootstraps and proceeds to make something of herself in this small town. Kang So-Ra is my all time favorite actress. I love the animation and portrayal of agitation she brought to this drama.

Baek Gun Woo is under the impression that Lee Jung Joo is terminally ill and he goes out of his way
to try to make her precious amount of time on earth as comfortable as possible. It was adorable to see them develop feelings for each other. They small hints and signals they gave each other made my heart melt, and any time I am in a drama rut, I watch a few scenes from this drama to perk up my mood.


Overall this drama is cheesy and cute. It's a nice time filler, and nothing to be taken too seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment