Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Woman Crush Wednesday

Ladies and Gent's we are back again with one of my FAVORITE actresses of all time, the ever gorgeous *Drum Roll*, please

KANG SO-RA



I was first introduced to her by the drama Misaeng. She played the highly intelligent and quick-witted An Young-Yi. She was the embodiment of a brilliant female employee, who possessed more insight than her counterparts. Kang So-Ra illustrated, brilliantly I might add, the struggle of being a female in a male-dominated work environment. I thought her performance was exceptional in this drama, and she was a major factor in why I enjoyed it so much.

The next project I saw her in was Ugly Alert! Now, this drama "is long as I don't know what". It made me cry buckets and buckets of tears, but Kang So-Ra's portrayal of a chaebol woman trying to prove herself was awesome. She balances the hyper-productive qualities of a CEO with having incredible empathy and warmth, I skipped some episodes (the drama has 133 episodes, I watched 50 episodes straight before I started skipping ahead lol) but I would highly recommend this touching story. Kang So-Ra's counterpart, Lim Ju-Hwan, never disappoints. They had incredible chemistry between both of them.



One of my favorite projects she stars in is Warm and Cozy. I've written multiple times about this cute little drama. Bottom line is... I simply adore it. Kang So-Ra's portrayal of Lee Jung Joo was enjoyable. I loved seeing this character flustered, her feathers ruffled, and just her overall attitude in life. This wasn't the most complex acting I've seen from her, but I really enjoyed the performance.


Though she doesn't have the biggest role in this movie, she does star in My Paparotti. She plays a feisty, spunky student and it was a new way of seeing her. This role showcases her range in acting and once again it was an enjoyable performance. The movie its self is amazing. It will send chills down your spine! At the same time that it's melting your heart, it's also making you laugh a lot. 



The project that clenched her as one of my all time favorites is her participation in "We Got Married"
We got to see a quirky, shy, sensitive girl navigating through a "marriage" I loved seeing her break off into different characters, and watching her grow on the show. It was an amazing thing to feel so connected to her. Kang So-Ra and Super Junior's Lee Teuk had such sweet chemistry and connection. I loved them both so much! 

That's it for today's Woman Crush Wednesday I  hope you check out Kang So-Ra's projects, I'm sure you'll fall for her like I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment