Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Third Rate My Way/ Fight for My Way Review


I knew I was going to watch "Fight for My Way" because Park Seo Joon stole my heart in the hilarious drama "She Was Pretty". The trailers for this show were pretty enticing and the drama didn't disappoint.

4 childhood friends go through adulthood trying to make their dreams a reality. Two of the friends make it a point to chase after their dreams no matter the cost. Ko Dong Man and Choi Ae-Ra assess their lives and realize that they aren't fulfilled. In their journies to achieve their dreams, they've been knocked down and humiliated. With no external promise that they will reach their goals, internally they are burning to prove that they aren't 2nd rate adults, but people who can accomplish just as much as their peers.

Kong Dong Man, played by Park Seo Joon, is an endearing meathead. His entire life had been centered around fighting until he is unfairly disqualified for cheating. He makes the best of it by becoming an exterminator. However enthusiastic as he is with his position, he longs to prove to himself that he could've been a great fighter. With the support of his long-suffering coach, he is whipped back into shape to compete. Dong Man is loyal and sweet. His interactions with Choi Ae-Ra were hilarious and I enjoyed their friendship. 

Choi Ae-Ra played by Kim Ji-Won, is one fiery lead. This hard worker has always wanted to be an announcer, but when she can't be one, she finds an occupation which allows her to use her skills. I loved how she was in her relationships. She was sweet, lovable, and a boss! The way she stood up for her friends was incredible. I loved her character and Kim Ji-Won's facial expressions were executed with perfection.

Song Ha Yoon was the gem in this show. I loved how vulnerable and open she was. All this character wants to be is a homemaker. She's made sacrifices for her boyfriend, and it was refreshing to see her stay true to herself. I loved this character, it was nice to see a woman allowed to want to be a homemaker not because it's a backup plan. Her character absolutely melted my heart.


I really enjoyed this drama, especially with all the special guests. I would definitely recommend this drama to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment